As we contemplate a “different” Christmas to those we have enjoyed in the past, I am writing to say that we are holding two Christmas Services at St Mary’s .
PLEASE JOIN US ON
Sunday 20th December – “Lessons and Carols” in the churchyard at 11.30 am.
The service will be led by Caroline Hawkins and Rev Stephen Webster will join us.
Wrap up warm, bring a seat if you need one and a flask of coffee or mulled wine and we will have a shortened version of “ Nine lessons and Carols”.
Socialising is not permitted under government guidelines but we may gather socially distanced to sing carols and worship outside.
Christmas Day – we will have a Christmas Morning Prayer service in church at 9.15 a.m., led by Rev Stephen Webster.
Social distanced seating and masks to be worn please !
St Mary’s Church and churchyard is funded, run and maintained by a team of volunteers, our fundraising has been seriously impacted this year, so please support your local church and church community so that we can be there for you, for your pastoral care, church services, church festivals, christenings, weddings, funerals and burials.
We are part of the benefice of St Peter’s Oundle, St Leonard’s Glapthorn and St Mary’s Benefield.
- At present St Peter’s Oundle broadcast an online service every Sunday at 10.30am, on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday there is a midday service on Facebook Live, they are then loaded on the St Peter’s Youtube channel shortly afterwards.-
- Please see the website oundlestpeters.org.uk /or the Facebook page St Peters Church for details.
- For those people without access to a computer you can dial in to the most recent service recording on 01832 773449 (calls charged at local rate).
- Charles Wide of Glapthorn broadcasts Evening Prayer every Sunday which can be viewed on the Glapthorn Church Facebook page this is also uploaded to St Peter’s Youtube channel.
- At this very difficult time if you need support or assistance the Pastoral care number for those in need is 07904929279 or email email@example.com – please get in touch if you need help or know of someone who does.
Please will you let me know if you intend to come to one or both of the services ?